Sunday, June 01, 2008

A Short Weekend At Penang

Am just back from Penang!!!

Since i got no class on fri, 2nd bro's on hols and eldest bro took leave and the whole family decided to go penang to visit my grandparents and relatives that i missed so much.

Reached till almost 2pm. First stop was Jelutong to visit my grandma and aunty. Am happy that grandma's still lookin fit and healthy at the age of 80+.

Then we headed to Batu Ferringhi cuz i wanted to check out the nike and adidas factory outlet shop. I was so disappointed lor cuz there's nothing much cheap. We went over to the hotel and to the sea side for a walk. It was really quite a nice place to stay over except for the expensive hotel rate.

Dad wanted to make his pants so we went over the Georgetown, the place near Komtar where my grandma used to stay. I missed the place terriblely. We used to run around the back alley full of rats and to my ah gong's shop. Take stuff for free there. Walk to Komtar whenever we feel like. Have char kuey kak nearby. I misss those days......
If i ever get rich i'll buy over that place because it's part of my childhood memories which i really treasured.

Went to Batu Maung after that which is my another auntie's place where we were staying over.

The next day, we woke up early and headed to the pasar. I finally got to have the famous cendol and laksa that i've been craving for!! So satisying was i....

Went to Queensbay Mall as well later that night. Nothing much.

I felt so unreluctant to get back kl ;(

I really really wish i could spend more time in penang and with my beloved grandparents.

Anyway i now have a bloated stomach and gains some weight thanks to the - laksa, char kuey teow, or chien, mua chi, cendol........

Bought a pair of jeans, a denim jacket, funky eyeliner, and a t-shirt there.

No pictures cuz i forgot to bring the digicam cable to kl :(

No comments: