Saturday, December 02, 2006

Cameron Highlands Trip~

7am sharp 29th Nov 2006

I was awaken because of my running nose~ went to the toilet
My phone rang by 7.07am while I’m still in the toilet, I knew that there must be something bout’ the trip
Unsurprisingly, it was Bobo who called asking bout my whereabouts cause I should be in bus station by 7am for the departure.
I was shocked by this, cause apparently I thought that the trip’s on the 30th Nov !!
Luckily I’ve already half-packed the stuff that I wanna bring…so I decided to go for it !!
Went to knock on my parents door (they’re still sleeping that time) and told them bout this shocking news. My mum was like mumbling me for not making sure about the whole trip’s schedule. I packed all my stuff in a few minutes and went straight to wait for the bus at my tmn’s bus stand.

When I boarded the bus, everyone’s like staring at me and someone(bobo I guess)clapped to welcome me, eventually the others clapped as well…..
Felt a bit embarrassing and happy to see all the of them..haha

There total 25 of us including 4 f4 students joining in.

Had breakfast at Bkt. Tinggi. I ate a bowl at wantan mee. Gosh, the mee’s so hard to chew that I didn’t even finish half of it I guess.

Headed to visit the Royal Selangor Piuter factory after breakfast. The girl who’s incharged of explaining about the whole process’s from Bentong as well (what a coincidence). Saw lots of nice piuters there. Saw the Lord of The Rings set of piuters as well as the Winnie the Pooh ones (oh I love them so much!) Really felt like buying but then the prices are friggin’ expensive.

Then it’s all the way to Ipoh,Perak. We reached there just time for lunch which was about 1pm. Like what Bobo said the food served by the restaurant was Not My Cuppa Tea. Haha…when it comes to food, I’m seems to be very choosy. They served pork (seldom eat pork), lamb (scared of the ‘sou mei’), prawns (it’s a bit too salty), soup (those who tasted it said it was sort of like pepper soup)….

Next it’s way to visit all the famous Gua in Ipoh. First “ Pi Li Dong”(Gua Perak?). The granit stones there’s really nice. It was Gua Lin Seng then. The weather’s really hot so most of us decided not to clim to the top of the Gua.
We also went to the shop which was famous for its biscuits to buy biscuits. I’m once again not a biscuits lover so I didn’t buy anything. Anyway MunHou treated me chocolate ais-cream(well gotta thank him for that). SiewZhi and SookYee even bought pomelos. While I’m still empty handed :p

By 6 something we finally reached our destination---Cameron Highlands. We stayed at Jasmine Hotel which is located in Brinchang. The hotel looks more like for backpakers..haha. 5 of us ** HuiZhen, MunShan, PohYee, XiaoYun and me** shared a room with 2 twin beds inside.
Gotta say that I didn’t even regretted choosing to stay at the same room with the 4 of them cause they’re so nice and awesome and adorable !!!
It was raining outside when we’re going for dinner so we had to run with my jacket covering my head to the restaurant. It was steamboat for dinner. The food’s tasted juz nice nothing special bout it. We had no choice but to head back to our hotel rooms cause it’s still raining.

We were told that apparently that day was one of the guys’ birthday. The really warm-hearted Conting went to Secret Recipe opposite our hotel to buy a cake for him. Then all of us secretly hide in his room before he came back to his room. I can tell that he’s really shocked and surprised by us with his expression. Yeah, it was a surprise b’day party. How nice that I wish that someone will throw me a surprise party like that. Sang b’day song for him. If it’s me I think I might have cried and feeling so touched by it…haha

When the rain stopped few of us went for a walk around the streets there. I can feel like cold and fresh air there. It’s so refreshing that I wished that Bentong’s air like that as well.


7.30am 30th Nov 2006


Woke up and prepare for explore Cameron. Too bad it’s raining outside and we had to postpone our journey.
Went to visit a temple there. I prayed to God and made a wish.
Next it’s cactus farm. Lots of nice cactus and beautiful flowers there. Ohhh….i lurve the flowers!!
Visited the Rose Garden as well in the evening. There’s all kind of colours of pretty roses.
2 days in a row we had our meals at the same restaurant. :?
Once again, it was raining at night. Kinda disappointed for not been able to visit their pasar malam.
We gathered at Bobo’s room and played True or Dare. Right after it we switched to my room to watched a canto movie which was about zombies~! We bought lots of tit bits and junk food to eat while watching the movie.

7.00am 1st Dec 2006

A new day has come…..the day when we need to head back home.
On our way back, we stopped at the tea plantation farm and waterfall. Nothing much except that the view’s really nice.

Had lunch at the highway rest area. I ate 2 Dunkin Donuts and a cuppa Iced Latte.

Our last destination’s the TRAP(Taman Rekreasi Air Panas Sungai Klah). The water’s there really hot!!! We even got to cook hard boil eggs there.

Lastly, it’s really time to head home. It took us 3 hours to reach my cosy home.



p.s.: been trying to upload the photos for million times but couldn't..sorry for that :(

2 comments:

Amanda Chan said...

Wa, I didn't know there are so many places to visit around Cameron Highlands. Went there before when I was in Standard 6, but found that there's nothing much there xp

MapleRain said...

ya there's quite a lot of places to visit but then visiting once is more than enough i guess
cameron trip are more for aunties and uncles
haha